Saturday, November 5, 2011

PE3_iMovie

This training provided so many practical tips for making the most of iMovie.  I make every effort to produce work that is my very best.  That includes work I do for my 8 and 9 year old students.  I am pleased to be able to offer them my best in creating movies that help them become better learners.  My experience to date with iMovie is limited, however, I know that what we've done so far in class has my students enthralled.  This is one piece of technology that we could use everyday and they would not tire of it.  We've used it so far to create Math Movies (where students act out word problems) and for Reader's Theater.  I am certain that we will discover many more uses for it.  

While I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am now an iMovie expert, I would be very satisfied to say that I now know how to import video footage, use the editing tools, and publish a semi-professional video.  I was most excited to learn about how to put together the movie trailers.  So here it goes:  my first ever (and definitely not the last) iMovie trailer produced by auntiesiggy!



8 comments:

  1. I'm going to comment because now that I watched it (and posted it), I'm not real crazy about how grainy some of the video footage turned out. So back to the drawing boards. For now, I'm greatly satisfied that I learned how to do something that I was afraid to try . . . but I will be back . . . to make it better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I love the title, "Backyard Adventures." You did a nice job with adding texts to your video. The music was exciting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your movie looks like a movie trailer. Did you use a template or did you figure out how to do that on your own? Thanks for letting us get a glimpse into your personal life. You have 2 beautiful dogs that look like they are loving every minute of their life with you. :)

    Even though you said that your experience with iMovie is limited, I think you did a great job with your movie! It's good to see that you are branching out of your comfort zone and exploring your newly acquired knowledge form the iMovie training videos. I think that with more use (successes and mistakes) you will feel more comfortable and confident in using this program!

    GREAT WORK KAREN! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sam & Jessica! I still haven't figured out the "grainy" resolution . . . if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you could export your movie using the highest quality (HD 1080p) or finalizing the video through the file drop down menu. I think that optimizes your video for all sizes. If that doesn't fix it, maybe it's just the restrictions on how Blogspot uploads videos. Let me know if you figure it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellently adorable! Great use of the trailer template to create a story of true happiness and friendship. Lucky doggies.
    The quality of your video is great in the small screen. It will get grainy when you watch in full screen because either it was saved at a different resolution or blogspot processes it into a smaller resolution. I can't imagine them letting everyone upload 1040p HD quality for all the videos, but I am not sure. If you find out and info, I would love to learn about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I really enjoyed using the movie trailer template - it made my first "attempt" really quite simple. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing my "girls." They bring a lot of joy to my life! I will try finalizing my "commercial" movie in a higher def and see if that yields better results. I appreciate all of your feedback! Steven Spielberg might want to watch his back . . . HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, I loved your video. I am a dog-person, so you hit a soft spot with your trailer. Jenny and Jill are gorgeous. They look like they have a wonderful life and have loads of fun together. I liked your use of the movie trailer function of iMovie. It came out really well. I especially liked the slow-motion effect when Jenny and Jill were playing. Did you add that, or was it built in to the movie trailer's format? Either way, excellent job.

    ReplyDelete